Friday, July 6, 2012

A Life Remembered

A year ago today someone I loved dearly and admired greatly passed away. Don was like a father to me, who took me under his wing and taught me many different things, like how to gold (which I LOVE), the game of Cribbage, how to frame a roof, and how to properly care for my home. But he taught me other things too. Like how making memories is more important than buying things. And how a husband should put his wife first. And how important relationships are in business. He also demonstrated to me how important it is to love people just the way they are. I don't think I ever heard him say a mean word about anyone. Even when he was being maligned and mistreated, he'd say something nice about the other person and make excuses for their behavior. He was one of the most authentic people I've ever known, and I truly miss him. Don, I love you and I'm a better man because I knew you. Thank you for leaving your legacy with me.