Saturday, July 7, 2012

Thank-you Mentors

I've always been one to enjoy mentoring and being mentored. I feel like it's important to pass on the things you've learned to others who are eager to learn, and to learn from those who are willing to teach. 

Throughout the years, I've had a few mentors whom I've admired on different levels. Some have mentored me spiritually, some personally, and others in business. A mentor doesn't have to be older than you, but just willing and able to teach you something you don't know. But it's more than teaching too. Sometimes it's just a matter of being a cheerleader of sorts. A mentorship is sometimes a two-way street. One where you're learning and teaching, or even just pushing each other to greater heights of knowledge and achievement, or courage and commitment. 

I currently have a mentorship with a driven, young guy who has been pushing me to pursue the things I want to pursue and to use the knowledge I already have. And he's been learning from me as I share the knowledge I've gained from my life experiences. 

I think everyone needs a mentor, and everyone should be a mentor. we have a responsibility to pass on the lessons we've learned, and the knowledge we've gained, to others.

Thank you, to my many mentors over the years!