Monday, October 8, 2012

A Legacy of Redemption

Like most people, I used to have a desire to leave a lasting legacy. I wanted to make a difference with my life. I still have this desire; I guess you could call it a desire for greatness. But not greatness in a notorious way. Greatness in the magnitude of the difference I make in other's lives. I'm sure I'm not alone in this desire.
Since coming to prison though I've come to desire something even more than a legacy of greatness.

I want to hug my kids again.
I want the comfort of a loving wife again.
I want forgiveness.
I want to redeem myself to my family and friends.

I do still want to leave a legacy of making a difference in people's lives, but above all, I want to leave a legacy of a redemption story.

What sort of legacy are you writing with your life?