Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Finding Your Voice


One of the most influential books I've ever read was Stephen Covey's "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People."

If you've never read it, I highly recommend you do so. But in the meantime, the 7 habits are:

1. Be Proactive
2. Begin With The End in Mind
3. Put First Things First
4. Think Win/Win
5. Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
6. Synergize
7. Sharpen the Saw

I recently discovered that Covey wrote a follow-up book titled "The 8th Habit." It's so incredible that I often find what I'm thinking about paralleled in a book I read later. I recently wrote about leaving a legacy, and about pursuing greatness (in the difference made in other's lives) and then I find this book which focuses on going from Effectiveness to Greatness, and finding your voice and inspiring others to find theirs. 

I hadn't really thought of it in this way, but I suppose one of the primary purposes of this blog is to inspire others to find their voice as I am finding mine. 

I hope that as I share what has inspired me, that you will be inspired and make positive changes in your own lives."