Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blessings

I'm grateful for the blessings I experience every day. With all the negativity around me, it's important to name my blessings and to focus on them. 

Since transferring to a lower security level here are some of the many blessings I've experienced:

1. A peaceful cubicle. All the guys in my cube get along well. I hear arguing, and fighting, hear about stealing and selfishness in other cubes, but the cube I'm in is peaceful and we all watch out for each other.

2. Single-man showers. Does this really need an explanation?

3. Beautiful grounds. Garden plots with fresh vegetables and aromatic and beautiful flower gardens everywhere. Lots of freedom of movement and grass in the yard areas.

4. An encouraging christian church service. After the negative atmosphere at the last facility's services I stopped attending. It's refreshing to get back to corporate worship.

5. A bunk by the window. Out of eight bunks in my cube, four are by the hallway and four are by the windows. I got one by the window. That means I can look outside at anytime onto the green grass and trees, and it means I can enjoy the fresh air when it's warm enough to open the window.

6. Better conditions for my allergies. Less dust, and more air movement mean my allergies are much better. That means better sleep.

There are more than these blessings, but this is a sample of how God is blessing me today. What're your blessings?